WASTE is an organisation located in Gouda promoting the improvement of the living condition of the poor in cities in developing countries. One of our focus points is sanitation. WASTE believes in business solutions (as opposed to donor driven solutions). Together with municipalities, banks and business communities in Asian, African, Latin-American and European (low and middle income) countries we support local businesses active in sanitation and solid waste management. WASTE is looking for a:
for Sanitation Programmes & Projects
with affinity for Private Sector Development
– Management of (large) projects (initially the ongoing WASH programme)
-Contribute in the development of new programme and project plans
– Contribute to improving the quality of project planning and project management skills within the organisation
– Initiate and develop activities and project-components for ‚ÄòPrivate sector development in sanitation‚Äô
The Project Manager will initially be involved most of his-her time in the ongoing programme of the Dutch WASH Alliance Program. Specific details about tasks and responsibilities can be obtained via Niels Lenderink.
– Professional qualifications at Masters or comparable level in project management and preferably business developmen
– Extensive professional experience of at least five years in project management
– Self starter, capable of working unsupervised, yet able to creatively interact in a professional organization and being a source of inspiration to colleagues
– Affinity with business and private sector development
– Affinity with urban sanitation (and solid waste) management is an advantage, but is not a requirement
– Professional level speaking, reading and writing skills in English and preferably French. Speaking and reading ability in Dutch is an advantage.
– Available for limited travel (some weeks per year) to project countries (mainly Africa and Asia)
– EU work permit
– Challenging projects in sanitation
– A fair financial compensation in accordance with relevant experience
– A full time working week (38 hours)
– Good secondary labour conditions
For more information you can contact email@example.com or nlenderink@)waste.nl. Applications including your CV can be mailed to Mireille Portier (Office Manager) at mportier(at)waste.nl and should reach us before 14 December 2012. More detailed information on our organisation can be found on our website (www.waste.nl).